What Is MINIX 3?
MINIX 3 is a free, open-source, operating system designed to be highly reliable, flexible, and secure. It is based on a tiny microkernel running in kernel mode with the rest of the operating system running as a number of isolated, protected, processes in user mode. It runs on x86 and ARM CPUs, is compatible with NetBSD, and runs thousands of NetBSD packages. Get MINIX 3 now and join our community!
- FEATURES. See a list of the MINIX 3 features
- FAQ. Get quick answers to common questions
- RESOURCES FOR NEWBIES. Info for beginners
- DOCUMENTATION. Various articles
- BLOG. Read the blog
- RESEARCH. MINIX 3 as a base for research
LEARN MORE ABOUT MINIX 3
- GETTING STARTED. If you are new to MINIX 3
- DOWNLOAD. Get the current version as a CD-ROM image
- NEWSGROUP. Ask question and get answers
- HELP US. How can I help the project?
- HIRE A CONSULTANT. Tailor MINIX 3 to your company's needs
- DONATE. All financial contributions are welcome
GET INVOLVED WITH MINIX 3
Get a masters degree in Computer Systems at the university where MINIX 3 was written, VU University, in Amsterdam.